What can the Implicit Moment Method Do? (Mar 4, 2014, KU Leuven)
Pedagogical overview of the capabilities and limitations
of the Implicit Moment Method.
- Introductory lectures at KU Leuven on fluid models of plasma:
- (Nov 28, 2013)
- (Nov 29, 2012)
- (Dec 06, 2012)
- Other helps:
Two-fluid 20-moment simulation of fast magnetic reconnection, Feb 25, 2013
[version on Lirias]
The 20-moment model resolves pressure near the X-point better than
the 10-moment model based on comparison with Vlasov simulations.
Approaches to multiscale coupling of plasma models, Jan 16, 2013
Semi-implicit (compared to fully implicit) approaches to
implementing an efficiently asymptotic-preserving hierarchy
for space weather simulation. Presented at the
Second Annual SWIFF Meeting.
Outflow positivity limiting for hyperbolic systems.
Presented at RTWH Aachen, Oct 18, 2012 (reworked version of
- Talk for KU Leuven math dept on higher-moment simulation of magnetic reconnection
(Oct 30, 2012) [.pdf]
- Talk for IPAM on 13-moment gas (April 12, 2012)
Notes on Pearson13 closure.
- Talk for IPAM on 13-moment MHD (April 5, 2012)
- Poster for APS-DPP 2011
- Dissertation defense, Aug 23, 2011
- Poster for APS-DPP 2010
- Talk for Hyp2010, June, 2010
- Poster for US-Japan Magnetic Reconnection Workshop, October 2009:
Talk for Argonne Postdoctoral Research Symposium, September 2009,
Shows reconnecting magnetic field lines
and GEM reconnection histories for two-fluid ten-moment plasma
as viscosity is dialed from infinity to zero.
- Talk for SIAM CS&E conference, March, 2009:
- (Talk for WSGC, August, 2008
- Poster for SIAM 2008 annual meeting, July, 2008:
- Talk for Hyp2008, June, 2008:
Shows two-fluid simulations of Brio-Wu shock tube problem
as gyroradius is dialed from infinity toward zero;
compares with results for Yee scheme
(which exactly enforces electric field divergence constraint.)
- Talk for high school math night, December 13, 2007
- (Talk for WSGC, August, 2007
- Talk for Sandia, August, 2007:
- Specialty exam proposal, April, 2007:
- Specialty exam talk, April, 2007