Photographs, some of which are actually worth looking at...
First, the recent work, posted January 9, 2005
Some collections put up on April 11, 2004, Isabel Harrelson's 2th birthday.
- I spent a weekend in Las Vegas with Michael Tierney, who very kindly took me to the most scenic spots nearby, the Red Rock Canyon and the Valley of Fire state park (once known as Hell's Kitchen). There were thousands of people in the casinos, and a few dozen in the parks.
- Grandma Johnson had to visit her grandaughter Isabel Harrelson in Oxford, England in December, 2003. Grandpa Johnson wandered around town day after day with an old 35mm Olympus OM2n hanging loose around his neck. Click on a "folder" (directory) name to see the contents.
- In the beginning of October, 2003, we visited friends and Larissa and Chris Brav in Ontario. Lots of pictures.
- In July, 2003, we took a cruise to Southeast Alaska -- Juneau, Glacier Bay, Ketchikan, and Sitka -- with some of our extended family, a wonderful time, which presented the opportunity to take more photographs of ocean, sky, and mmountains than is reasonable. This link brings up a set of directories ("folders" to Windoze users). Just click on a directory name to see the photos in it.
- Once in awhile we go to New York City. The photos in this directory were taken in January, 2003. I haven't taken the time to annotate or purge them. Sorry if this inconveniences you.
And here are photos that I put on this site prior to the summer of 2003.
- Monochrome Art Photos, all taken about 30 years ago, Before Medical School, which pretty much put a choke-hold on everything else in life for about 25 years.
- Canadian Rockies Photos from our 35th-anniversary excursion to Banff, Yoho, and Jasper National Parks 29 August - 2 September 2002.
There is more commentary with this material than with the other photo pages; reading it is optional.
- Duluth A few photos of Duluth, MN, taken 1 & 2 October 2002.
- Hawai'i Photos taken during a trip to the island of Hawaii 6-8 Jan 2002 and the island of Oahu 9-17 January 2002.
All except the last 13 (2202JanM...jpg) are scanned contact prints of 645 negatives -- the quality is about as low as it's possible to achieve in this medium!
- Finland and Lapland Photos taken during a March, 2002, trip to Lapland, to visit the Liesio family.
- Northern Lights
Photos taken November 5, 2001, during an unusual, vivid auroral display visible in Wisconsin. (drum-scanned images) And a few images of the aurora in Lapland, March, 2002.
- Autumn Aerials
16 aerial photos taken of Western Wisconsin on a lovely autumn day.
- Autumn Prairie landscapes
Some images caught NE of Rochester MN after a rainy day.
- Prairie and woodland plants
A few photos of woodland and prairie flowers and plants. From 1995-2000 I undertook to take a portrait of every plant and flower in this "neighborhood" and a tiny sample of the thousands of images stored in boxes are here.
- Mackinac Island
Landscapes, aerials, buildings, and tourists...
All file names listed are my file numbers, and are not (mostly) related to image contents. The subject and technical data are contained within the jpeg file itself, as a comment readable by the Gimp or Photoshop as well as in the comment block beside the thumbnail.
All photographs are copyright Daniel L. Johnson; all rights reserved. Photos may be copied and disseminated only without charge, and with attribution.
I'm not in the photography business, but if you'd like a print of any, these photos in real life are all 6x4.5 cm color negatives, and we can arrange this through Digigraphics, Inc., of Minneapolis. I send them my negative and you send them your charge card number and address, and in a week or two you'll get a print. email me at drdan AT wwt.net if you wish to pursue this.
Or, if you want to use Ofoto or Shutterfly to print images, most of these images exist as 3MB jpeg scans (as opposed to the 100-200KB jpegs on this site); we can arrange an upload for printing.